Roxana was born in San Salvador and now lives in Miami, Fl.
She paints with oils usually in several layers of transparent and opaque colors. Roxana paints with visible and energetic brushstrokes, full of life and vibrancy. She uses complementary colors juxtaposed against each other, for maximum contrast and drama. She is passionate about her art and the symbolism in her paintings.
Her book “Frutos del Camino” was published in 2011. It encompasses 10 years of Roxana’s work, from 1990 to 2000.
- “Women’s Work” at Rojas Ford Fine Art, Coral Gables, Fl, 2018.
- Group Show at Galeria Arthis, Guatemala City, 2018.
- Group Exhibit at Commenoz Gallery, 2018, Key Biscayne, Fl.
- Museo MARTE, San Salvador. She has sold her work at yearly auctions in 2004, 2014, 2015, 2017.
- Roxana’s work is at the Colección Nacional de Artes Visuales, San Salvador and many private collections.
- Galeria Portales, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, 1998 and 1999.
- “Honorable Mention” at The Art Gallery at Broward Community College, Pembroke Pines in 1998.
- “Inspiraciones”, Galeria 1-2-3, San Salvador, 1998.
- Feria de Papel de Frankfurt. Frankfurt, Germany, and Barcelona, Spain. 1998.
- Summer Group Show, Jorge M. Sori Gallery, Coral Gables, Fl, 1997
- She had an individual exhibit at Patronato Pro Patrimonio Cultural, San Salvador, 1997.
- Galleria Rotini, Livorno, Italia, 1996.
- Painting demonstration at Art Americas, Miami Beach Convention Center, 1996.
- “Grandes Pintores Salvadorenos”. Galeria 1-2-3, San Salvador, 1995.
- Solo show at Galeria 1-2-3, San Salvador, 1993
She admires the work of artists like Remedios Varo, Leonora Carrington, Armando Morales, Elmar Rojas, Benjamin Canas, Agustin Fernandez, Roberto Matta and Alberto Pancorbo, a surrealist master she trained with. Two of these masters she exhibited with, in her own gallery “Aroca Gallery”, Coral Gables from 2000 to 2002.